On our popular motherboard blog, you can find articles on the best gaming motherboard for i5 7600k; you should choose based on your budget, storage needs, and power usage. In this post, you can get information on gaming motherboards, overclocking motherboards, etc. The i5 7600k processor is a brand-new addition to consumer processors.
Modern users require very high-quality motherboards to keep up with the pace of contemporary gaming. So, if you want a new motherboard for your i5 7600k, you are in the right place.
10 Best gaming motherboard for i5 7600k
- Cutting edge gaming motherboard: with AMD AM4 socket, it is a perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Faster memory: 4 memory slots support dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB, with ASUS OptiMem enabling higher memory frequencies and lower latencies
- Blazing data transmission speeds: Two M.2 slots, including the latest PCIe 4.0, provide maximum storage flexibility and the fastest data speeds available via the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen platform
- High-performance gaming networking: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 2.5 Gb Ethernet for exceptionally fast and smooth online gaming experiences
- Optimized thermal solution: Customizable fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design keep your system running reliably
The ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6. AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard has an impressive feature list. It is a powerful motherboard that supports some of the most popular gaming titles and includes several useful features.
Easy swap from previous boards with NVMe storage. The driver works immediately with my 3700x and 16GB gksill 3600hbz ram. VRMs are superior to those on some of those cheap x570 boards.
The brand-new WiFi is super fast. I would recommend this board. The PCI-E 4 port is also a plus.
With that said, you’ll appreciate how well this works with your i5-7600k. This motherboard and CPU combo can run high-end games, and the BIOS offers many overclocking options. I highly recommend this motherboard if you can’t find an excellent x570 motherboard.
If you’re looking for an excellent motherboard for gaming, look no further than this from ASUS. This motherboard has all the specs you need for gaming at a competitive price.
- Supports 8th Generation Intel Core, Pentium, and Celeron Processors for Socket LGA 1151
- Intel Z370 Express Chipset
- Form Factor: ATX. Supports RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices,Supports RAID 0, RAID 1 for M.2 PCIe storage devices1
- 4 x DDR4 memory slots supporting up 64GB
- Supports 2-Way NVIDIA SLI
MSI’s Z370 Gaming M5 motherboard is a solid motherboard with various features that you’d expect from a premium board like this. It’s not cheap, but it’s worth every penny for those looking to upgrade their rig. This motherboard comes equipped with many features, including MSI Intel 8th Generation (Kaby Lake), DDR4 memory support, USB.
A great motherboard designed to output a lot of power and perform at its best, and it works smoothly with i7-7600k. It also comes with many features built in to make overclocking easier and safer.
With a staggering six cores and 12 threads, the Intel Core i7-7600K processor is a powerhouse CPU. The motherboard has the same number of RAM slots to have a great system with up to 64 GB of memory.
This motherboard has been designed for enthusiasts who are into the best gaming performance. Its advanced components and features deliver outstanding performance that will satisfy even the most demanding gamers. It is also featured with various useful features that help users in different situations while playing games.
I5-7600K compatible GPUASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
- Designed for 9th 8th Generation Intel Core processors maximize connectivity, speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, on board 802.11AC Wi Fi and ASUS optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5 way Optimization over clocks Intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while FanXpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling
- Aura Sync RGB lighting with addressable headers features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
- Pre mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG's attention to detail and quality
ASUS is one of the best choices for looking for a high-end gaming system. It’s our pick for this list because the ASUS Maximus XI Hero is the successor to the original Maximus X Hero.
Gaming and high-end tasks are made easier with fantastic new improvements. That’s right – ASUS made a motherboard for gamers. That means a gamer will get the absolute best out of their computer.
Therefore, with the Maximus XI Hero supporting the LGA 1151 socket, you can be sure you’ll get the best motherboard for your i5-7600K.
This motherboard is perfect for the gamer who wants to build a powerful gaming PC and looks good doing it. Thanks to the Intel processor, it’s speedy and features excellent connectivity, including the built-in WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Supports 7th/6th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Intel USB3.1 Gen2 with USB Type-C
- Killer E2500 Gaming Network. Using the NVMe protocol which takes advantage of the fast bandwidth of PCIe Gen3 x4 lanes (32 Gb/s), the drives are a clear advantage for users looking to boot their OS faster, load their games in a flash and access large files without waiting
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone LED light Show Design- 2 Zones
- Smart Fan 5 features 6 Temperature Sensors and 5 Hybrid Fan Headers
GIGABYTE has proven again and again with their products that they have what it takes to offer top-notch quality. This motherboard features a highly efficient VRM for better overclocking, solid audio, dual-fan solutions.
The GIGABYTE Aorus Master is one of the best motherboards today. If you’re looking for a motherboard that can handle high-end gaming or video editing, this one fits the bill. As a result of its compatibility with both 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors that use the LGA 1151 socket type, the Aorus Master will also work just fine with the i5-7600k.
So far, so good. This board is a pleasure to use. It has a lot of features at an affordable price. If you like RGB lighting, it’s decent.
I am happy with the board, and I give it a solid rating overall. Barring any unforeseen circumstances (knock on wood again), I would rate it a 5 out of 5 overall.
GIGABYTE has always been the leading manufacturer of motherboards in the world. The Z270 series continues this tradition, offering a variety of new features while still maintaining its high-quality reputation. The AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 motherboard is packed with innovative technologies, including a multi-zone RGB lighting system, Killer DoubleShot Pro technology, etc.
- Socket LGA1151 Support 7th & 6th Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron
- Chipset: Intel Z270;Supports Triple Monitor
- 4 x DDR4 up to 64 GB, dual channel
- NOTE: Refer the User Manual before use.
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
The ASRock Z370 EXTREME 4 motherboard is designed for maximum performance at budget-level pricing people spending money for a compatible motherboard with an i5-7600K processor. In addition to offering the new Intel X299 chipset, the Z370 EXTREME 4 motherboard provides three PCIe2.0 x16 slots. Two PCIe, ASRock’s X399 Taichi, is an excellent gaming motherboard that also packs many features.
The motherboard includes four DDR4 RAM slots, which will give you up to a whopping 64 GB of RAM.
The ASRock Z370 EXTREME 4 motherboard is designed for maximum performance at budget-level pricing. In addition to offering the new Intel X299 chipset, the Z370 EXTREME 4 motherboard provides three PCIe2.0 x16 slots. Two PCIe, ASRock’s X399 Taichi, is an excellent gaming motherboard that also packs many features.
The motherboard includes four DDR4 RAM slots, which will give you up to a whopping 64 GB of RAM.
This high-end motherboard combines all the latest features into one motherboard. It includes everything a gamer requires, like PCIe lanes, WiFi 6, 8 DIMM slots, USB 3.1 Gen 2, Killer E2500 NIC, SATA Express, etc. With this motherboard, you can easily set up a gaming computer that can handle any game on the market.
- Socket LGA 1151 for Intel 6th Generation Core/Pentium/Celeron processors
- Intel Z170 chipset
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A , 1 USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C, 6 USB3.1 Gen1 (aka USB 3.0) and 6 USB2.0
- 3 PCI-E 3.0 x16 (2 with MSI Steel Armor) and 4 PCI-E x1
Enthusiasts will love how fast and easy it is to get into overclocking on the new board and all of the features it comes packed with. It’s easy to overclock because there are no proprietary settings or software.
There is also a large CPU heatsink to help dissipate any heat generated by overclocking, and it has support for up to 32GB of DDR4 memory, which is a big plus. There is an array of SATA ports on both the rear I/O and chipset I/O sections for storage. This makes it easy to add SSDs to the system, as you can use standard SATA cables and connectors to attach them.
This motherboard is compatible with Intel’s newest i7 processor; the Z170 chipset has more overclocking features than any other motherboard. The UEFI BIOS is easy to use with lots of options and features.
- Designed for 7th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M. 2, front panel USB 3. 1, Intel Optane Memory compatibility and onboard 802. 11AC Wi-Fi
- Rog Bits power features an embedded flow meter, temperature sensor, leak detector, and conductive M. 2 heatsink for optimal water cooling performance and system management
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and Fan Expert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Aura Sync RGB lighting features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
- Integrated I/O shield reduces installation time and increases contact with ports for improved connectivity
There are many new features and specs on this board, including an AMD X370 chipset, up to 32GB of 2400MHz DDR4 memory, and the latest NVIDIA graphics card. These components give you fantastic performance, so you’ll be able to play games at max settings without lag or stuttering.
The design of this motherboard has a very sleek and stylish appearance. It comes with 4 USB 3.1 ports, a Thunderbolt 3 port, and two USB 2.0 ports. Using these ports, you can also connect your mouse, keyboard, and other peripherals. In addition, there are 3x HDMI ports, one DisplayPort port, and one DVI port. You can connect your display device with this motherboard using these HDMI ports.
It also supports multiple storage devices, including a SATA 6Gbps, an M.2 slot for SSD, and a U.3 port for SSDs. With the M.2 slot.
I would recommend this motherboard as a value buys for those looking for a budget motherboard at a reasonable price point. The system includes everything you need to build a high-performing PC.
- 5 Way Optimization with Auto Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, two additional RGB headers and a 3D printing friendly mount
- Maximize your connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, Intel Optane Memory compatibility and USB 3.1 Type A/Type C
- Two Patent pending Safe Slots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Industry leading 8 channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A driven by Japanese capacitors
Having used this motherboard for a while now, I can honestly say that it has not let me down yet! It is perfect for gaming, video editing, and music production! The overclocking performance on this motherboard is fantastic, and I can overclock my processor to 4.7GHz (unlocked).
The onboard memory support of up to 32GB of RAM makes this board ideal for gamers. In no uncertain terms, I will purchase another ASUS ROG STRIX motherboard in the future because it has proven itself to be the best motherboard out there!
With a stunningly sleek design and the latest technology in an affordable package, the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F is the ideal foundation for gamers who want to experience the ultimate PC gaming experience.
- Designed for 7th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, front panel USB 3.1 and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting and a 3D-printing friendly mount
- Two Patent-pending Safe Slots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220 driven by Japanese capacitors. Please refer the User Manual before use.
The ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard has many high-end features. This motherboard is equipped with six DDR4 memory slots, a total of six SATA6 Gb/s ports, dual PCI Express x16 slots with support for the latest NVIDIA GTX 1080 graphics card, many USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & B ports (10 in total), two Intel Gigabit LAN ports and more.
The motherboard supports both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro operating systems. ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard is a complete package of high-end features at an affordable price.
It was excellent, and I was very impressed. The motherboard has the latest features such as PCI Express 3.0, SATA Express, Wi-Fi 6, Thunderbolt 3, and more. The tech teams of ASUS have tested this motherboard, so you can be assured that it will not disappoint you.
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- AI Motherboard : AI overclocking, AI cooling and AI noise cancelation
- Enhanced Power Solution: 14plus2 DrMOS power stages, ProCool sockets, alloy chokes and durable capacitors for stable power delivery in the most demanding situations
- Comprehensive Cooling: VRM heatsink, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- Boosted Memory Performance: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking with ASUS OptiMem II
This board has many great features, but if you want the best motherboard on the market, it has to be an ASUS Z390 chipset based on ASUS Prime Z590-A.
It’s an excellent choice for all PC builders because it has some of the best features we’ve seen on a motherboard in a while, including a beefy CPU socket that can handle Intel’s 10th Generation of CPUs with ease, three M.2 slots for solid-state drives and even a USB 3.2 front panel Type-C port.
These features and more will allow you to build a robust machine. This motherboard supports DDR4 memory and offers a wide variety of other features like Intel Optane Memory, a huge BIOS with over 50 pre-set configurations, and many features.
It comes with many things built in, such as a dedicated NVIDIA graphics card slot, two SATA 6 GB/s ports, and eight USB 3.
It has a reasonable price, and the quality of its motherboard is excellent. If it’s your first time buying a new motherboard, you may be confused about which one to buy. In that case, I would recommend this motherboard.
Things you should consider while buying the best gaming motherboard for i5 7600k
Most people think of the CPU as the brain of their computer, but the motherboard is the spinal cord and nervous system. In addition to offering a place for the CPU, the motherboard also handles all the data that enters and leaves the CPU. A business’s choice of the correct motherboard is crucial, whether building its computers to save money or customizing systems for specific performance requirements.
Even though you can buy capable motherboards of any size, the form factor plays an important role when choosing a motherboard. Small form-factor boards like a micro-ATX or mini-ITX board are your best bet if you want to build a small computer. In addition to fitting into more significant cases, larger motherboards, such as those measuring 11.2-by-8.2-inches or 12-by-9.6-inches, also have more components, connections, and expansion slots.
CPU Socket and Chipset
Choose a motherboard with a CPU socket that supports your CPU type. There are not only different socket requirements between Intel and AMD processors but even different processors from the same manufacturer will require a specialized socket. An Intel motherboard can’t support AMD processors, and specific Intel processors won’t work with AMD processors. A motherboard’s chipset determines how fast the computer will run, what additional features it can support, what amount of memory it can support, and a compatible socket.
There are three types of slots on motherboards. A memory slot allows you to plug-in memory modules into your computer. It is possible to add memory modules according to the number of slots. The slots are also limited to a given type of RAM, so a motherboard with double data rate type 3 slots will only accept DDR3 memory modules. As well as regular PCI slots for expansion cards, motherboards have high-speed PCI Express slots for graphics cards. Even though devices that once would have plugged into a PCI slot, such as video capture cards and modems, are often now available as USB devices, PCI-Express x16 slots remain necessary for graphics cards.
In addition to external connectors, motherboards often have internal connectors as well. An inner USB header and external USB port are standard, as are internal serial advanced technology attachment ports for drives, LED and switched connectors, and external audio ports. In addition to USB 3.0, some motherboards include graphics connectors to interface with their onboard graphics system, eSATA connectors to connect external drives, and even legacy ports such as parallel and serial ports.
Different motherboards also support additional features. In some motherboard chipsets, you have the option of not just connecting multiple hard drives but also using them together in a particular configuration known as a “redundant array of independent disks.” Other motherboard chipsets include a primary input and output system that enables you to tweak its settings to get extra performance.
Benefits of a quality motherboard
Stability is among the most vital aspects of a good motherboard. If you don’t overclock it, you won’t have issues with strength, and everything should work as it should. Instead of going with something that is not good enough, you should stay focused on a simple solution.
Good Value For Money
It is always a better idea to get a good value for money motherboard. Many people are still unsure whether their investment has been worthwhile. It may be a concern for most people, but hey, if you want to make sure that you are investing your money effectively, you need to keep this in mind, and you will be fine.
Frequently asked questions
Is the i5 7600K good for gaming?
The i5 7600k will not bottleneck a modern gaming GPU as of right now. In other words, you can use any gaming GPU available on the market and be assured of receiving its full potential. Aside from being one of the best gaming CPUs on the market, the i5 7600k can also be used for high-end gaming.
Is i5 7600K good for streaming?
The Core i5-7600K can produce 79.2 frames per second during regular streaming. It doesn’t encode frames since it drops 84.9% of them.
What Gen is i5-7600K?
An Intel 7th generation processor.
Learn about the Intel 7th Generation Core i5-7600K Desktop Processor. Take advantage of the Intel Core i5-7600K LGA 1151 Desktop Processor and stay ahead of the competition. Experience seamless PC performance.
Which motherboard is best for the i5 processor?
Intel Core i5-12600K motherboards of 2022.
Overall winner: ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming.
The runner-up is the MSI MPG Z690 CARBON WIFI.
Top performance: ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero.
Best value: MSI PRO Z690-A.
Top DDR4: ASRock Z690 Steel Legend.
ITX Best: ASUS ROG Strix Z690-I Gaming WiFi.
As a result of all this article on the best gaming motherboard for i5 7600k, we can say that a new motherboard will give you a better user experience. This is only possible if the computer has the right amount of RAM, speed, and socket. Consider all these factors when buying a new motherboard to ensure the best performance.