No matter how you look at it, when it comes to technology, you have to upgrade. With everything from smartphones to home security devices and virtual assistants, the need for upgrading is a fact of life. Like most areas of technology, the best motherboard for multiple GPU is something you need to keep up with. If you’re looking to build a new computer and are planning to go with multiple GPUs, then you’ll need a motherboard that supports them. Not all motherboards can support multiple GPUs. This blog will discuss different motherboards which support multiple GPU setups.
Best motherboard for GPU products review
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II AMD AM4
- AMD AM4 Socket: Compatible to Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Extended VRM and PCH heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert utility
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.0b([email protected]) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), 2x PCIe 3.0x16 Slot, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C ports
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Canceling Microphone Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
This is an amazing motherboard for high-performance gaming. With all the latest features, the ASUS B450 is ready to take on any challenge. Whether you’re streaming 4K content, enjoying VR, or working on multi-tasking projects, the ASUS B450 series motherboards deliver the performance you’ve been looking for.
With a wide variety of features, including high-efficiency dual-power delivery circuitry, RGB LED and fan headers, USB 3.2 Type-C, DDR4 memory, and the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processors, you are sure to get the edge over the competition.
It supports Intel X370 Chipset motherboards. ASUS designed this board with high-end gamers in mind. We added RGB lighting on the rear panel for better lighting effects. There are 4 DDR4 memory slots to support 32GB of memory. All onboard audio ports are clearly labeled for easier installation and use. ASUS Aura Sync is also available.
ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1200
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking and AI noise cancelation
- Robust Power Solution: 14plus2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: VRM and aluminum I/O heatsink, L-shaped heatpipe, Triple onboard M.2 heatsinks, including an M.2 backplate for improved cooling for PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot
- High-performance Gaming Networking: On-board Intel WiFi 6E AX210 and dual Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
The ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1200(Intel 11th/10th Gen) ATX Gaming Motherboard is designed to keep up with your next-generation gaming PC build. The motherboard features a dedicated PCI-Express 4.0 x16 slot, which offers enough bandwidth for high-end graphics cards like NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q and Radeon RX 5700 XT. There are six DDR4 memory slots, allowing for up to 64GB of system memory.
It has a total of 8 USB 3.1 Type-C connectors to connect all your charging devices, and you can even daisy chain them. This Gaming Motherboard sports an elegant red backplate with an Aura RGB lighting strip. It is compatible with Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Linux, and macOS, and can be overclocked up to 280 MHz (GDDR4-2400).
MSI Performance Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Turbo M. 2, AMD storemi technology, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2
- Core boost: with premium layout and optimized power design to support more Cores and provide better performance
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: 7 Colors/ 7 effects in one click. Synchronize other RGB solutions for customization.ram memory installed size: 64.memory storage capacity: 64
The MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX motherboard is designed for overclockers who want to push the limits of high-performance computing. The powerful, cutting-edge AM4 platform combined with the latest VRM (voltage regulation module) design offers unprecedented overclocking potential with minimal power loss. The innovative X570 SLI Plus and USB 3.1 Gen2+ support enable up to 8× PCI Express Gen3 x16 graphics card configurations, ideal for the demanding gamer. A wide range of connectivity options includes 10Gbps LAN and Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking.
This motherboard combines the highest quality components, and supports the latest technologies such as USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A, Thunderbolt 3, M.2 SSD, PCIe x16 slots with NVMe drive support, and up to 4K UHD graphics.
ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi 6 LGA 1200 ATX Gaming Motherboard
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- Enhanced Power Solution: 14+2 DrMOS power stages, ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability and performance
- Comprehensive Cooling : VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- Ultra Fast Gaming Networking : Intel WiFi 6 AX201 (802.11 ax), Intel I225-V 2.5Gb LAN, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Fastest Connectivity: Triple M.2/NVMe SSD, Front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C header and Thunderbolt 4 header
With the ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-Plus you can enjoy the game you’ve been dreaming of. The high-performance, gamer-oriented motherboard features USB 3.2 front panel Type-C connectivity and the most powerful, easy-to-use hardware RAID system with 10 SATA III ports to help improve performance.
The advanced cooling system delivers a maximum CPU T-TOPS rating of 90W, which ensures you can enjoy smooth operation while maintaining the board’s low power consumption. An Intel 9 Series chipset, a powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics card and multiple Thunderbolt 4 ports make gaming easier. Plus, support for Intel Optane memory technology means ultrafast response times for lag-free game play. Get ahead of the competition with the best board for gamers, now.
Micro Center AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread AM4 Unlocked Desktop Processor PCIe 4.0 Dual M.2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Gaming Motherboard Bundle
- Amd'S Fastest 8 Core Processor For Mainstream Desktop, With 16 Procesing Threads. Os Support-Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
- Can Deliver Elite 100+ Fps Performance In The World'S Most Popular Games
- Cooler Not Included, High-Performance Cooler Recommended
- 4.7 Ghz Max Boost, Unlocked For Overclocking, 36 Mb Of Cache, Ddr-3200 Support
With the ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS motherboard, you’ll get the latest Intel X570 chipset to boost performance and the first-ever Intel PCI Express 4.0 support. It includes the ASUS Aura RGB lighting that gives the appearance of a gaming PC through lighting effects and lighting zones.
Also included are the latest Intel processors, Wi-Fi 6, multiple RAID modes, USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port, Intel Thunderbolt technology, Wi-Fi 6 with dual-band, 10G Ethernet LAN port with automatic gigabit switch, and the exclusive ASRock Fan Control function. The ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS is a perfect solution for users who want a sleek gaming PC in a compact chassis, and with only a minimal amount of dust buildup on the interior.
- Supports 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core Series Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 12 plus1 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 60A DrMOS
- Shielded Memory Routing for Better Memory Overclocking
- Fully Covered Thermal Design with High Coverage MOSFET Heatsinks
For people in search of a powerful and reliable gaming computer, the Gigabyte Z590 AORUS Elite AX has got what it takes to make your dream come true. The new design makes it even more comfortable to use than previous models. This motherboard includes a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C connector, enabling you to charge your mobile devices using the USB Type-C port.
It also includes a dual-channel graphics card, allowing you to run all kinds of games in full HD or 4K. If you want to enjoy your fun in high-definition, you need to connect the monitor through a DisplayPort connection.
Gigabyte equipped this motherboard with two PCI Express slots which is a great feature as they offer a maximum of 32 Gb/ s memory speed. It also comes with an Intel wifi six chip which provides more speed, range, and security for wireless networks.
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 1st Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ 1st Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Feature Digital VRM Solution with Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- HDMI, DVI-D Ports for Multiple Display
- Ultra-Fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
The Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 is a high-performance motherboard for enthusiasts and gamers who need excellent graphics performance in a small form factor. The motherboard is equipped with a built-in video card, so there’s no need to use an external one.
The motherboard has several overclocking features like multiple voltage control points, multiple BIOS modes, and a fan speed sensor. It also comes with three USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0/2.0 ports, two HDMI ports, two D-Sub connectors, three audio jacks, and a PS/2 port. Other features include a RAID 0 / 1 / 5 support, PCI-E x16 slot, dual BIOS flash memory, eight SATA 6 Gbps ports, and a 10 Gb Ethernet interface.
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC). Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- 14 Power Phase Design, Digi Power, Dr. MOS
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DisplayPort
Built ASRock B550 Steel Legend Motherboard was around Intel 8th generation CPUs with integrated AMD 7nm CPU, the ASRock B550 Steel Legend provides up to 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes for a powerful x16 expansion solution. With its 4+1 power phase design, you can ensure the stable operation of your system during heavy workloads.
In addition to the superior performance, it offers an array of features, including two DDR4 DIMM slots, six SATA 6Gbps ports, three M.2 slots, dual gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, USB 2.0, USB 3.1 Type-C, wifi 802.11ac (2×2), Bluetooth 5.0, and RGB lighting support.
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 8 Power Phase Design, Digi Power. Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Not compatible with AMD Athlon Processors
This ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard is one of the best gaming motherboards available. It provides an integrated PCIe x16 slot for Ryzen 3rd generation processors and has a full complement of SATA III ports and USB 3.0 ports for maximum compatibility and flexibility. If you need more, it also has a PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot for those who want to go with the latest graphics card, so you can get the most out of your PC by overclocking.
This is a compact motherboard in a package that is not as big as other motherboard manufacturers. It has a robust set of components and features that make it an exciting choice for users who want to build a system that will be able to handle the latest games and run most applications smoothly.
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel optane memory ready
- 12+1 Phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
- Advanced thermal design with direct touch heat pipe
The Z390 motherboard, equipped with the Intel Z390 chipset, provides the best compatibility with Intel’s 8th generation of CPUs, the Core i9-9900K, and its latest CPU cooler, the Wraith Stealth.
The Z390 chipset also supports a wide range of DDR4 memory, including quad-channel DDR4 memory support, and is built for a more robust gaming experience by supporting overclocking on select motherboards.
The Z390 chipset features a dedicated PCI-E lane for CrossFire/SLI graphics card support. The onboard USB Type-C port offers faster charging and data transfer rates than regular USB ports. At the same time, the HDMI 2.0 video output makes it easier to connect to monitors, displays, and other external devices.
How to Choose Motherboard for Multiple GPU?
There are a few things you need to take into account when choosing a motherboard for multiple GPUs. The first is the number of PCIe slots. You need to make sure that the motherboard has enough PCIe slots to accommodate all the GPUs you want to use. The second is the CPU.
You need to make sure that the CPU is powerful enough to handle the load of all the GPUs. The third is the power supply. You need to make sure that the power supply is powerful enough to handle all the GPUs. The fourth is cooling. You need to make sure that the cooling is adequate to keep all the GPUs cool.
Frequently asked questions
Can a motherboard have multiple GPUs?
It is technically possible to have two GPUs on a single motherboard. If the GPUs are distinct and are not linked through a GPU array, they will operate independently. Your PC should have AMD or Nvidia Technology if you intend to use dual or multiple graphics cards.
How do I run multiple GPUs on one motherboard?
After connecting the display cable to any GPU on the motherboard, run the computer. Try switching display cables between different GPUs if you don’t get any display. Using this method, you might be able to see something on your monitor. Start your computer when you get to the show.
Can you run 2 GPUs without SLI?
Yes, you can use dual graphics cards in crossfire or non-SLI. It does not even need to be both AMD and Nvidia to work. In a non-SLI or non-Crossfire configuration, you can even run integrated graphics and a discrete graphics card together.
Does mining hurt GPU?
Overheating is one of the by-products of mining, which harms your GPU. Mining at high temperatures – over 80°C or 90°C – could cause the GPU to sustain damage that could shorten its life. However, mining isn’t the only type of activity that stresses a GPU.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this guide to the best motherboard for multiple GPU. Be sure to share this article with your friends so that they can choose the best motherboard too!
If you have any questions please leave a comment below or contact us.