When it comes to picking out a motherboard for your Ryzen 5 3600, there are a lot of factors to consider. For example, you might be looking for a specific type of motherboard like an AMD AM4 motherboard. You might also have your eye on one of AMD’s new X570 motherboards. But is one of these motherboards better than the other? Which one should you choose? In this blog, we’ll look at some of the best motherboards for your Ryzen 5 3600.
Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600 Processor
- Supports AMD 1st and 2nd generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- HDMI, DVI D ports for multiple display
- PCIe Gen3 M.2 NVMe
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard
Gigabyte recently released their latest motherboard in the B450M series. This board boasts great power efficiency at a reasonable price. The dual graphics card slots and four DDR4 RAM slots along with the support for dual SATA 6 Gb/s and RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 10, give you ample options for storing your data safely. If you are looking for a budget-friendly gaming computer that can also run any modern games smoothly, then this is a great board to buy.
Supports up to 3 PCIe x16 slots, 2 PCIe x8 slots, and 1 PCIe x1 slot. USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connectivity, SATA III, 2 x M.2 slots for 2K and M.2 drives, Front Panel Audio Jack, HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort. Delivering exceptional performance, the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X is designed to deliver the highest performing platform for enthusiasts.
- Support AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Support AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 Memory 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667 MHz by JEDEC, and 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466 MHz by A-XMP OC MODE
- Supports 2-Way AMD Crossfire Technology | May require bios update after purchase
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost. EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
With the B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II motherboard, MSI makes sure you enjoy gaming at its very best with an extensive array of features that ensure you get the best possible performance out of your PC. The motherboard provides superior compatibility and stability for overclocking and multi-core processors, as well as improved energy efficiency and a better VR experience thanks to the use of a fully-integrated graphics processor.
The chipset is designed with a wide range of connectivity options, ensuring that you are ready for the future, and with the inclusion of AMD’s latest Ryzen Processor Series, you can enjoy the benefits of high-performance computing with the added ability to scale from entry level to the ultimate enthusiast setup.
- Supports AMD 1st & 2nd generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel Ethernet LAN plus Dual band 802.11AC Wi-Fi
- Dual PCIe Gen3 M.2 NVMe with dual thermal guards
- Alc1220 vb enhanced audio with WIMA capacitors. Support for 11AC 160MHz wireless standard and up to 1.73 Gaps data rate. Intel WI-FI driver only support for Win10 64bit
GIGABYTE’s Z390 AORUS Pro motherboard provides great flexibility with an abundant of expansion slots and high-performance features for users who want to build a premium system. There are a number of features that makes this board stand out such as its 8 phase CPU power design, 4 DDR4 memory support, multiple PCI-Express x16 expansion slots and more.
Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO Wi-Fi packs a lot into a compact motherboard package, including dual USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports and two M.2 SSD sockets that support the latest PCIe NVMe drives. This board comes equipped with a full-length ATX form factor and the most robust audio circuitry to ensure that you get optimal audio performance out of your motherboard, as well as support for high-quality audio components, including up to 7.1-channel audio and 24-bit audio interfaces.
MSI Performance Gaming AMD X470 Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 Onboard Graphics SLI ATX Motherboard
- Supports AMD RYZEN Series Processors and 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon Processors
- Supports DDR4-3200+(OC) Memory
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, Xsplit Gamecaster
- Military Class 4, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution in high quality components for best protection and efficiency
- MULTI-GPU: With Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire
MSI has always been known for making motherboards that perform extremely well. This motherboard is no different. It is one of the most powerful on the market right now and comes with support for the latest Intel processors along with AMD’s 7th generation A-Series Ryzen processor. In addition to all of this, it also supports NVIDIA graphics cards, allowing it to be used by users who need to run games on their PC. This motherboard will also work with the latest high-end desktop GPU cards, such as AMD Radeon RX series, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, and others. All of this combined makes this motherboard perfect for gamers who want top performance in the most affordable price.
The X470 motherboard was designed for the performance enthusiasts who want an upgrade of the standard Z270 motherboard without going overboard.
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: Military-grade TUF components, Pro Cool socket and Digi plus VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-Gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 m.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and technology
This motherboard is designed for serious enthusiast. It comes equipped with 7th Generation Intel Core processors, with support for up to 128GB DDR4-2666 memory (2 x 64GB). It has multiple PCIe 4.0 x16 slots, dual M.2 ports, and even three SATA 6 Gbps connectors for solid-state drives (SSDs).
AM4 motherboard offers great performance, high compatibility, and upgradability, the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-A Pro has 6x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A + 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A + 6 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports that let you connect any compatible peripheral devices easily and effortlessly. You will also be able to benefit from a massive number of features like the SupremeFX S1220 Audio Codec, USB Type-C 2.0 port, and SATA Express.
- AMD AM4 socket: ready for 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and up to two M. 2 drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2, and AMD StoreMI to maximize connectivity and speed.
- Comprehensive thermal design: active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2. 5 Gaps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, both with Asus LANGuard protection, and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- DIY friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus SafeSlot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
This is an excellent motherboard! It looks amazing! You have loads of storage space, plenty of connectivity options, and a ton of power in the form of two 8+4 pin power phases and a massive 12 Phase VRM.
The onboard Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) will ensure that you can keep your PC up to date with all your favorite social media apps and games without any lag or downtime. The ASUS AiThermal system also allows you to monitor the temperature in real-time to spot any hardware issues before they arise.
It also features a Wi-Fi 6 standard that will provide you with the best possible internet connection.
As far as gaming motherboards go, the Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero has no faults other than its high price.
This motherboard features excellent VRM, exceptional thermals, a premium design, and multiple connectivity options to help make it the best X570 motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600.
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 16 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 70A Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe and Thermal Baseplate
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4. 0 Ready x16 Slot.Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4. 0/3. 0 x4 M. 2 with Thermal Guards.Onboard Intel WiFi 6 802. 11ax 2T2R & BT5 with AORUS Antenna.AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB and WIMA Capacitors for Rear 120dB SNR.Blazing Fast 2. 5GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management.USB 3. 2 Gen2 Type-C & HDMI Support. Operating System Support for Windows 10 64-bit
Gigabyte has updated its motherboard lineup by making some exciting changes. The new Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master has been upgraded with new features and hardware. The B550 has the latest DDR4 memory chips with support for speeds up to 2800MHz, which provides users with higher performance.
Also, the B550 has a complete set of Intel Ethernet controllers that have both Intel X540 and Intel X552 options which gives you easy access to Intel’s latest Ethernet controller. Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 4.2 also support the latest 802.11ax standard for high-speed data transmission. Finally, the B550 AORUS Master supports USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface for faster data transfer rates.
The B550 AORUS Master has been redesigned with an elegant black metal back panel that offers better heat dissipation and looks fantastic.
You can overclock your Ryzen 5 3600 with the B550 Aorus Master without experiencing significant thermal throttling.
The B550 Aorus Master is a powerful motherboard packed with plenty of features. Due to its incredibly high price tag, it falls to the seventh spot on our list. It remains one of the best B550 motherboards for Ryzen 5 3600.
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- On-board dual LAN: 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN
- Mystic Light: RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors / 29 effects
- Audio Boost rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences
I ordered this product a couple of months ago but was unable to post my review until recently because I was waiting for the motherboard to arrive and have been testing the system on it. The MSI motherboard is fantastic! With some of the best hardware configurations available and all of the features included in the box, this is a good value for money purchase. The quality of this product is top-notch as well. The sound quality and build quality are excellent. I love how MSI has included many different accessories like the power supply and the SSD into the package, something that most manufacturers don’t do.
The MSI MAG B550 motherboard is an absolute powerhouse of a system, I am a massive fan of Ryzen CPUs, but there are not too many motherboards that can match the specs on this beast.
This is a perfect fit for any gamer who loves overclocking their systems, and I highly recommend anyone purchasing this motherboard to go for it as it has everything you.
Therefore, we can assume that the motherboard offers good overclocking potential on the Ryzen 5 3600.
The MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk motherboard provides excellent value for money. Its superior performance and affordable price make it the best budget motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600 on our list.
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 10 Power Phase Design, Dr. MOS
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DisplayPort
ASRock B550M Steel Legend is a perfect combination of the best and most affordable solutions. ASRock has designed this motherboard to be compatible with all current-generation AMD CPUs. The motherboard features several innovative technologies which will allow you to achieve maximum performance and stability.
You can install an 8th Gen or 10th Gen Intel CPU without overclocking. The motherboard also supports up to three PCIe 3.0 x16 graphics cards.
To conclude, the Steel Legend motherboard is a capable motherboard when it comes to performance, but you shouldn’t expect out-of-the-park overclocking.
Accordingly, the ASRock B550m Steel Legend is the best microATX motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600 because of its excellent performance and features. Additionally, it’s affordable, which is a definite plus.
- Country Of Origin : China
- Slots: 3X Pci-Express 3.0 X16 Slots (One Runs At X8, One Runs At X4), 3X Pci Express 2. 0 X16 Slots (Run At X4), 1X Pci Express 2. 0 X1 Slot
- Multi-Graphics: Supports Amd Quad Crossfire And Crossfire Technology. Os - Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit
- Audio: Realtek Alc892 7. 1-Channel High Definition Audio Codec With Content Protection
Generally speaking, the B450m Steel Legend and the B550m Steel Legend look very similar. A camo theme on the PCB near the CPU socket, surrounded by silver VRM heatsinks. A cutout is displayed with RGB lighting in the rear I/O cover of the former instead of the ‘S.’ Additionally, the heatsink for the chipset is smaller with RGB around the entire surface. All RGB is configurable via Polychrome software.
It boasts a 6-phase power design with 60A chokes for rugged durability and rock-solid performance. Furthermore, the alloy heatsinks responsible for keeping the thermals in check do excellently when set at stock. The heatsink also protects the B450 chipset. The M.2 slots don’t have heatsinks, so you might want to find an external heatsink for your NVMe drive. The B450m provides just enough performance for Ryzen 5 3600, so you cannot overclock it.
So, I am happy with my purchase, I needed a new motherboard, and I could find everything I wanted and more at a fantastic price. I love the looks, the functionality, and everything I need, and I’m confident I will be using it for years. Thanks again for making my decision so easy, and I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to upgrade their gaming system. I would buy from this company again.
How to Choose Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600
There are a few things to consider when choosing a motherboard for the Ryzen 5 3600. Firstly, what is your budget? There are some excellent high-end motherboards available for this CPU, but they come at a price. If you’re on a tight budget, there are still some good options available.
Secondly, what size do you need? The Ryzen 5 3600 is a large CPU, so you’ll need a spacious motherboard to accommodate it. Thirdly, what features do you need? Do you need built-in WiFi? Bluetooth? USB 3.0 ports? Make sure the motherboard you choose has the features you need.
Lastly, what brand do you prefer? There are many reputable brands out there, so it’s really up to personal preference. Do some research and read reviews to find the best motherboard for your Ryzen 5 3600.
Frequently asked questions
What motherboard should I get for Ryzen 5 3600 Reddit?
You can choose between an X470, B450, X570, or B550. You should be able to find a B550 for a reasonable price. I would recommend using it unless you need a lot of PCEI4.
Which motherboard is best for AMD Ryzen 5?
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-E is our top pick for the best Ryzen 5 5600X motherboard since it offers fast LAN ports and PCIe 4.0 thanks to AMD’s X570 chipset.
What motherboard is best for Ryzen 5 3600 RTX 2060?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor compatible with the MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard with BIOS version 7B87v17. The BIOS must be upgraded to support the CPU for motherboards with older BIOS versions.
Does the Gigabyte B450M DS3H support Ryzen 5 3600?
Nevertheless, you will have to update the bios if you wish to run it on the board. You will need a Ryzen CPU from the 1xxx or 2xxx to update the bios.
Which RAM is best for Ryzen 5 3600?
In general, Ryzen 5 3600s should have 3000MHz RAM or faster. For this CPU, Corsair’s Vengeance LPX 16GB Kit is a great option.
What power supply do I need for Ryzen 5 3600?
If you are looking to overclock Ryzen 5 3600, you should get a 650w PSU.
Can a Ryzen 5 3600 run four sticks of RAM?
According to AMD’s website, the Ryzen3600 can run ram at 3200Mhz, which I planned on going with two sticks. However, I changed to four for 32Gb and occasionally had trouble with games acting janky.
We hope you enjoyed this article on the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600. There are many types of motherboards and the one you choose will depend on your requirements. We would recommend that you spend time researching and narrowing down your options before purchasing a motherboard. Good luck.