Find out what the best motherboard for mining is with this helpful guide. We’ll be going over each component in detail, explaining their benefits and drawbacks, before recommending which motherboard you should get.
Our dedicated motherboard blog provides detailed information on the best motherboards for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
If you’re new to cryptocurrency mining, you’ve probably heard about the importance of having the best mining motherboard for your particular needs. Our list of best mining motherboards for beginners will help you determine which model suits your needs and budget.
Best motherboards for mining products review
- Maximize your mining connectivity and speed with 19x PCIe Slots, up to 32GB DDR4 2400 RAM, USB 3. 1 Gen1 and Intel Gigabit LAN
- Triple-ATX12V Power Delivery separates 19x PCIe slots into 3 groups, each with a dedicated 24-pin for reliable power performance
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LANGuard and Overvoltage Protection provide component longevity and reliability
- PCIe Slot State Detection provides a real time indication of the status of each GPU in your rig
- Voltage-stabilization Capacitors provides steady voltage from your power supply units to your GPUs
This motherboard is built with mighty PCIe slots that support graphics cards up to 240 mm in length. It also comes with an advanced cooling system that can keep your CPU cool even if your processor’s temperature gets up to 80°C. For gamers, this motherboard also features PCI Express x16 slots that can provide high bandwidth for high-end gaming and VR headset solutions.
It also has one x16/x8 combo slot, which will allow you to upgrade your GPU up to 200 mm long. In addition, it also includes 2 x M.2 slots which are helpful if you want to install an SSD of up to 64 GB or M.2 NVME storage. This motherboard is an ideal choice for cryptocurrency mining.
- ASRock Super Alloy
- Supports 7th and 6th Generation Intel CoreTM i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
- Supports DDR4 2400/2133
- 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 12 PCIe 2.0 x1
- 4 SATA3, 1 M.2 (SATA3)
ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ is the best crypto motherboard for mining. It supports up to 13 GPU cryptocurrency mining with the latest and most robust hardware. It also has an enhanced BIOS function which offers a full range of overclocking possibilities to make it possible for you to mine cryptocurrency even if you are a total beginner.
This motherboard is an excellent product at an economical price, so it should fit everyone’s budget. This motherboard provides the best performance and compatibility to run all the advanced programs and hardware, such as GPU, CPU, or even storage devices. It also offers the best support for overclocking, making it a perfect fit for beginners and experts.
- Designed for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2 and Asus optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- 5x Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with safe Slot Core, LANGuard and overvoltage protection provide component longevity and reliability
- Fanxpert 4 with AIO pump header delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending Safe Slot Core fortified PCIe Slots prevent damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- 8-Channel HD gaming audio featuring Realtek ALC887 high definition Audio CODEC
This motherboard is the first of its kind, which allows users to mine cryptocurrency by mining safely and reliably without compromising the performance of their systems. It has the most powerful processing power and an extensive feature set that enables users to mine the most popular cryptocurrencies, including BTC, ETH, DASH, and XMR.
The advanced graphics, DDR4 memory, and storage options offer users the best performance on any GPU mining rig. This motherboard also provides:
- Six x16 PCI Express slots.
- Two M.2 sockets.
- A legacy PCI Express slot.
- A legacy ISA slot for legacy devices.
The overall build quality of the motherboard is also quite good. This motherboard has been tested for a long time, so it is reliable.
This motherboard is well built and performs better than expected. It has a massive amount of RAM to support your entire computer system and a fast CPU. The motherboard has six PCI-E x16 slots, which will allow you to install up to 32GB of memory and multiple graphics cards.
This motherboard is perfect for building a PC that can perform very well and handle many applications.
This motherboard is highly efficient for today’s modern computer systems, which will help you run any game, edit videos, or even work on the web with ease. It comes with a plethora of features to make your computing life more accessible, and if you’re looking for a motherboard that will give you a good performance, then this motherboard is definitely for you.
- Socket LGA 1151 for Intel 6th Generation Core/Pentium/Celeron processors
- Intel Z170 chipset
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A , 1 USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C, 6 USB3.1 Gen1 (aka USB 3.0) and 8 USB2.0
- ATX form factor
- 3 PCI-E 3.0 x16 (2 with MSI Steel Armor) and 4 PCI-E x1
This motherboard is designed with gamers in mind, but its features are more than enough for anyone looking to upgrade their PC. It has 10 USB 3.1 ports, and its USB 3.1 Type A and Type C connectors support up to 10 Gbps transfers, allowing your computer to transfer massive amounts of data quickly.
This motherboard has been well received by all who have reviewed it. It comes with great features and functionality that are at par with some of the more expensive motherboards. This motherboard is packed with unique features that will help you enjoy your gaming experience. It has four DDR4 memory slots, an array of ports, and an integrated graphics card for excellent performance. The availability of LAN Protect and RAID functions makes it a perfect choice for gaming.
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, two additional RGB headers and a 3D-printing friendly mount
- Maximize your connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, front panel USB 3.1, onboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- Two Patent-pending Safe Slots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A
ASUS has gone all out with their latest motherboard, the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING motherboard. The new board features an impressive array of features that make it far beyond your typical mid-range gaming board. In addition, it has a host of overclocking tools, a VR-ready processor, Thunderbolt 3 connectivity, and plenty of USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports that are compatible with both the UASP and the faster 10 Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 protocol.
This motherboard offers exceptional performance, expandability, and a sleek and stylish design that makes it ideal for any gaming or multimedia enthusiast.
If you are looking for an affordable but still powerful motherboard with the latest mining technology, you should check out this one. It’s worth it if you are a power user or want to build your computer!
- Supports 9th & 8th Generation Intel Core Processor
- Intel B360 single chip architecture
- Support M.2 SATA III (6Gb/s) Connector
- Support 2-DIMM DDR4-1866/2133/2400/2666 up to 32G maximum capacity
- Support 12 x PCIe 3.0 slots
When it comes to building a mining rig, there are cheaper solutions. However, Biostar makes even better choices when it comes to their motherboards for mining, and they can be even better because of their support for
The Biostar TB360-BTC Pro 2.0 motherboard for mining can be a great entry-level motherboard.
For those who want practicality and the ability to install it in a smaller space without compromising on connectivity, this PSU from XFX takes the cake.
You get 12 PCIe expansion GPU slots which should be enough for most people.
Unlike the Biostar motherboard given above, this one uses the newer Intel B360 chipset and the LGA 1151 CPU socket, making it compatible with Intel 8th and 9th generation CPUs.
Biostar provides two RAM slots with 2×16 GB DDR3 memory and extra space for 2×4 GB.
Unfortunately, the more significant issue with this motherboard is its limited storage options. It only has four SATA and one M.2 PCIe SSD slot. This is quite normal for the size of the motherboard.
Thanks to its larger size, this motherboard does come with a variety of ports on the back, making it easier to use.
- ☛Mining Motherboard: It is a set of CPU of the mining motherboard, which has the characteristics of low power consumption, low heat generation, power saving and energy saving. The actual work done for you is lasting and beneficial.
- ☛Expansion Port : 8 USB Interfaces,1 DDR3SODIMM slot, compatible with 1066/1333/1600 MHz, memory slot, 8 graphics card connectors. 1 SATA3.0 + 1 SATA2.0 + 3.3 feet SATA2.0
- ☛Stable Voltage: Our motherboard has a stable capacitor, which can provide a stable voltage for your electrical equipment. Power supply: ATX24 PIN, chip: HM 77 chip, voltage-stabilizing capacitor can provide a stable voltage for your electrical equipment.
- ☛Safe And Quiet: can ensure quiet performance, low power consumption, reduce heat generation, energy saving and safe use. Display: VGA + HDMI + PCIEX 16 (for discrete graphics), expansion port: 8 x PCIE16X 1 SATA3.0 + 1 x SATA2.0 + 1 x mSATA2.0 hard disk interface
A mining motherboard is a necessary part of any mining rig used to mine crypto-currency. This motherboard provides a wide variety of features and allows for the efficient performance of your mining rig. It has three USB 3.0 ports, making it easy to connect external devices, such as your mining rig. It also supports AMD and Nvidia video cards. This motherboard also has integrated graphics, which allows you to use the mining rig as a standard gaming computer.
This is a particular motherboard for mining. It contains a powerful mining chip, and it has a lot of high-end features that make it suitable for mining.
Even though you have not yet installed the required amount of memory in your device, you can still run several of the most popular cryptocurrency-related applications such as Cryptsy, NiceHash, and Bitcoin Mining Software on it.
You can spare much time and effort while installing the operating system with all the storage options.
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- New 10+2 Phases digital PWM design
- NVME PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Connector
- Multi-way Graphics support with PCIe Armor and ultra-durable design
This motherboard is an excellent solution for cryptocurrency miners. It has two graphics slots for using your video card in dual graphics mode. It also has six PCIe slots for all kinds of future expansion. This motherboard is compatible with DDR4 memory modules, including DDR4-2666 and DDR4-3000. You can use the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (IETU) for CPU overclocking.
It has four SATA 6Gb/s ports, and one of them is used for a RAID function. It also has one USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port and three USB 3.0 ports. One of these is used for debugging and overclocking. The back panel has four audio jacks. These jacks are used for connecting your headset and your audio source.
- Maximize Mining bandwidth and speed with 7x PCIe slots
- up to 32GB DDR4 2400 memory, Gigabit LAN
- Intel HD Graphics ready, HDMI output
- LGA 1151, Intel 7th / 6th Gen Core i3, i5, i7 ready (up to 65W TDP)
This is a mining motherboard that offers 7 PCIe 1x slots. This motherboard supports PCIe Gen 3 technology, and it comes with a 6pin power connector for high-quality power delivery. It has a solid-state disk drive which provides enhanced performance and faster data access speed.
It has a 4+4 pin CPU power connector to provide extra current capacity. It comes with a solid-state drive and a 2.5″ SSD hard drive, suitable for a backup system. It supports SATA3 hard drives. This motherboard is ideal for cryptocurrency miners because of its mining-optimized design.
A Buyer’s Guide for the Best Mining Motherboards
You can mine cryptocurrencies using a standard computer, but if you want to mine cryptocurrencies at a faster rate, you may want to build a full-size mining rig. Must connect all graphics cards to the same motherboard; you need more than multiple graphics cards.
As a result, we’ve already listed the most important specs of the best motherboards for mining. These specifications included information about important factors and aspects. You can also refer to this comprehensive buying guide for the best motherboards for mining if you wish to know even more about mining motherboards:
- Form Factor
You should install your motherboard on an open bench rather than inside a cabinet for optimal cooling. Due to this, you can use any motherboard size for mining. Although, you can still get a pretty good idea about the device’s onboard connectivity by checking its form factor.
This buying guide will discuss the importance of PCIe expansion GPU slots for mining motherboards. Thus, most mining motherboards have a rather significant form factor, the ATX. A mining motherboard can be designed for a more substantial form than the standard ATX form factor.
Chipset & CPU Socket
The CPU will also run an operating system and mining software in a mining rig, much like a standard computer. For this reason, checking the motherboard’s chipset and CPU socket is critical to ensure you can use a CPU of your choice.
In contrast to modern computer hardware, most motherboards for mining use older chipsets such as the Intel H110, Intel B350, Intel B360, Intel Z390, and other similar options, which will always offer more functions with a higher chipset model. Due to the age of these chipsets, the Intel LGA 1151 socket is the most commonly used CPU socket for mining.
Even though these chipset and CPU combinations only support older Intel 8th and 9th generation CPUs, they should be more than enough since the performance of your mining rig relies on its graphics cards and not its CPU.
Expansion slots for PCIe GPUs
It is crucial to check the number of PCIe expansion GPU slots available on your mining motherboard since a mining rig requires many graphics cards.
In any mining rig, you will use all of these expansion slots for graphics cards, though you can use them for other expansion cards.
To connect many graphics cards to one motherboard with ease, most mining motherboards include slots for 6 or 8 graphics cards to allow you to connect many graphics cards at once without purchasing additional motherboards.
In addition to checking the memory support on your motherboard for mining, the memory installed on your motherboard does not affect mining performance. You will still need some memory as your operating system, and mining programs are still running on your mining rig.
As a result, almost all mining motherboards come with 2 or 4 memory slots that can accommodate 32 GB, 64 GB, and even 128 GB memory. This is way more memory than you will need since even 16 GB of RAM will be enough for your mining rig.
Will not use Your mining rig for typical PC tasks as a standard PC is. As a result, no files or programs will be stored on it. However, you must also install the required operating system and software to mine cryptocurrencies. Before mining, ensure that the motherboard has adequate storage.
In addition to M.2 SSD slots onboard, some motherboards for mining support up to six SATA connections attaching 2.5″ and 3.5″ hard drives and SSDs.
Ports and Connectivity
You should also check your motherboard’s rear ports and connectivity options when mining. While you won’t use your mining motherboard for daily use, you will still use things like a keyboard, mouse, and monitor to configure and monitor your mining rig’s output.
Because of this, even budget-oriented mining motherboards offer various connectivity options and ports, including USB 2.0, USB 3.0, HDMI, Ethernet, PS/2, and audio. An updated motherboard with multiple ports and multiple ports is recommended for mining.
Building a high-end mining rig requires ensuring the equipment can operate for an extended period. Therefore, you should ensure your motherboard for mining has a more extended warranty period since a more extended warranty period always means a better motherboard for long-term use. Due to this, almost all mining motherboards offer a two-year or a 3-year warranty.
Frequently asked questions
Which motherboard is best for mining?
A review of the best motherboards for mining
Mining motherboard ASRock H110 Pro.
TB250-BTC PRO by Biostar.
Mine with the CERAMIC BTC-37.
This is TB360-BTC PRO 2.0.
Prime Z390-P LGA 1151
GA-Z390UD (LGA 1151 (300 Series))
Mine with the BTC-37 motherboard.
Is a mining motherboard worth it?
If you want to increase the performance of your mining rig, you need a dedicated mining motherboard. If you choose another option, opt for an entry-level or mid-range motherboard compatible with the rest of your setup.
How much RAM do you need for mining?
It is recommended that you use anywhere between 4GB and 16GB of RAM to achieve the best mining performance. Consider the operating system for the mining and virtual memory when deciding what size RAM you need.
Can I game on a mining motherboard?
Unlike graphics cards, mining uses 0x1 ports very little in terms of PCIe bandwidth. There will be a special “mining mode” for you to enable in the bios, which saves configuration time and makes the system more compatible with different operating systems. There will also be a single PCIe3 port. Can install a graphics card in the 0x16 slot for gaming purposes.
Is AMD Ryzen 7 good for mining?
Depending on the RAM timings, it hashes at around eight kH/s when mining. It consumes 110 Watts. For high-end gaming, AMD Ryzen 3700X is enough. As long as the GPU is strong, this will work great for all modern games.
How many GPUs do I need for mining?
GPUs are the most crucial part of mining rig setups since they are the ones that generate profit. Ideally, you should purchase six GTX 1070 graphics cards.
Even in 2022, mining is still going on. From the public’s point of view, cryptocurrency and its mining are still among the best options. We have compiled a list of the best motherboards for mining that can help you achieve a better goal in your mining accomplishments.