It is becoming more and more difficult to choose the right motherboard for the processor that you are settling to buy. Some boards are actually made for budget builds, while others are meant for serious gaming builds. That being said, there are many good motherboards on the market that are compatible with the i7 9700K. The following are the best motherboards on the market right now that are compatible with the i7 9700K.
5 Best Motherboard for i7 9700k
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II AMD AM4 (Ryzen 5000, 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard (8+4 Power Stages, HDMI 2.0b/DP,2 x PCIe 3.0 x16, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, BIOS Flashback, 256Mb BIOS Flash ROM
- AMD AM4 Socket: Compatible to Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.Audio: Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Extended VRM and PCH heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert utility
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.0b([email protected]) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), 2x PCIe 3.0x16 Slot, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C ports
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Canceling Microphone Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
The ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II AMD AM4 (Ryzen 5500, 3rd Gen Ryzen FX Series) motherboards offer exceptional audio quality with SupremeFX’s proprietary triple-layer sound capacitors and a premium set of high-quality speakers that produce rich, powerful sound from a wide frequency range.
is the perfect gaming system for the hardcore gamer and overclocker. It’s built for the latest 7th generation Intel Core processors with the best memory support to give you the ultimate gaming experience. The exclusive ASUS Armoury RGB lighting and onboard hardware controls offer a truly personalised gaming PC. With eight 8-pin PCIe slots and two M.2 slots, you can add up to 32GB of fast DDR4 memory, a U.S. style back plate, dual RAID 0/1, and USB3.2 Gen.2 Type-C for ultra fast data transfers.
MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II)
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4.Audio ports (Rear): Realtek ALC892 Codec
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended heatsink design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning fast game experience: 1x turbo M.2, amd turbo USB 3.2 gen2, store mi technology
- Core boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
With four memory slots supporting 32 GB, the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX II is the most powerful ATX motherboard on the market. The dual PCIe x16 slot design delivers exceptional performance, and the three PCI-e x1 and one PCI-e 3.0 x4 slots can be used for graphics cards or peripherals, including SSDs. The B450 Tomahawk Max II supports up to four-way NVIDIA SLI technology and AMD multi-GPU CrossFireX.
It supports two RAM slots and a plethora of I/O connectors to meet all your needs. It also boasts some amazing features like a BIOS interface, two PCIe x16 slots, and even dual LAN ports. This motherboard supports Intel’s 3rd Gen Core i7, i5 and Pentium Processors with up to 6 cores and 12 threads. Support for the latest PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe M.2 slot and PCIe x4/x8 expansion slot provides maximum storage performance.
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard (PCIe 4.0, 2.5Gb LAN, BIOS Flashback, HDMI 2.1, Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header and Aura Sync)
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.Audio: Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
- Robust Power Design: 12plus2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3plus design keep your system running reliably under heavy load by enhancing passive cooling capacity for critical onboard components.
- High-performance Gaming Networking: 2. 5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2. 1(4Kat60HZ) and DisplayPort 1. 2 output, featuring dual M. 2 slots (NVMe SSD)—one with PCIe 4. 0 x4 connectivity, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-C port and Thunderbolt 3 header
With support for the latest CPUs and chipsets, Strix B550-F is optimized to perform on the newest games, with an extensive collection of gaming-grade PCI-Express and VRM technologies and a suite of overclocking features.
Build the perfect gaming PC with this ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard. With a modern Ryzen 5 2500U CPU and Radeon RX 570 graphics, this motherboard allows you to enjoy the incredible performance without compromising on design, enabling you to game smoothly and perform your everyday tasks quickly and easily.
It combines the latest 7 nm architecture with an optimized BIOS and UEFI firmware to offer enhanced functionality, compatibility, and stability across different applications and scenarios.
Micro Center AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor 6-core Up to 4.6GHz Unlocked with Wraith Stealth Cooler Bundle with ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming AM4 ATX Gaming Motherboard PCIe 4.0 2.5Gb LAN
- AMD's fastest 6 core processor for mainstream desktop, with 12 processing threads
- Can deliver elite 100 plus FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- Bundled with the quiet, capable AMD Wraith Stealth cooler. System Memory Type: DDR4
- 4.6 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 35 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
This bundle includes a motherboard and CPU with all necessary cables and accessories. The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor comes with Wraith Stealth technology, which makes it quiet even when overclocked, and it is accompanied by ASUS’ new ROG Strix B550-F motherboard with RGB Aura lighting and PCIe 4.0 support.
The Ryzen 5 5600X boasts high clock speeds with a 3.7GHz base clock and a 3.9GHz boost clock, plus 16MB of L3 cache.
Ryzen 5 models have up to 8 cores and 16 threads and run up to 4.3GHz. For those who value silence over speed, the 7th generation Ryzen processors have been designed to reduce heat levels compared to the previous generation with enhanced thermal design. Whether your gaming style is frenetic, twitchy, or just casual, the new Ryzen 7 CPUs can handle everything you throw at it.
MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX Gaming Motherboard (10th Gen Intel Core, LGA 1200 Socket, DDR4, CF, Dual M.2 Slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Wi-Fi 6, DP/HDMI, Mystic Light RGB)
- Supports 10th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron Processors for LGA 1200 socket.Audio ports (Rear): 5 plus Optical S/PDIF (Realtek ALC1200 Codec)
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128GB (4800MHz)
- Lightning USB 20G is powered by the ASmedia 3241 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 controller, offering never before seen USB speeds up to 20Gb/s from the Rear USB Type-C port
- Twin Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr delivers transfer speeds of up to 32 GB/s for ultra-fast SSDs
- On-board 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN with with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax).Pre-installed I/O Shielding for convenience and protection from electrostatic discharge
The MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edition motherboard is an innovative way of getting the most out of high-performance PC systems. This model has been designed for enthusiast gamers, featuring the latest Intel 10th Gen processors, DDR4 memory, and enhanced connectivity to provide a superior gaming experience.
This is MSI MPG Z490 motherboard, powered by 10th Gen Intel Core, LGA1200, with the latest Z490 chipset, it delivers more gaming experience to the whole family. With USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port for connecting all types of devices, HDMI 2.0a, DisplayPort 1.4a, Dual-Channel DDR4 4133, M.2 2280 slot for maximum performance SSD and PCIe storage, Gigabit Ethernet ports for gaming LAN, MSI Gaming apps that offer full control on the motherboard and more.
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- 16 Phase IR digital VRM solution with powirstage
- Cutting-edge AORUS all-in-one monoblock for both CPU and PCH area.
The Z390 AORUS Xtreme Gaming/Workstation motherboard has an impressive feature set. This motherboard is a very powerful workstation motherboard for those who need a high-end system and play games simultaneously. It comes with three PCIe x16 slots, supporting up to 64-lane graphics cards. You can also use two of these PCIe x16 slots as x8/x4 slots. Two PCIe x1 slots and one M.2 slot to connect a solid-state drive and a Wi-Fi card.
The Z390 AORUS Xtreme Gaming/Workstation motherboard also comes with innovative features such as the onboard DDR4 memory, USB 3.1 Gen2, dual LAN ports, and a high-end chipset. The CPU VRM also supports a multi-zone design, which means that it will not overheat even when the CPU fan is operating at full speed.
ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1 Gen2
- Military-Grade TUF Components like TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs maximize system durability
- Gamer’s Guardian with Safe Slot and FanXpert 4 provides hardware-level safeguards for maximum performance with dynamic system cooling
- 8-channel HD Gaming Audio with TUF Gaming Headphone featuring Realtek S1200A high definition audio codec driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound
- ASUS Optimum II improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
This is a fantastic motherboard with the Z390 chipset in it. The Intel X99 chipset has proven significant in performance, overclocking, and stability, but the Z390 chipset ups the ante to a level we have not seen before in the gaming motherboard market. With all the previous X99 chipset features plus some, you will have no issues with overclocking or playing games at ultra settings.
This motherboard is an excellent choice for the best Intel Z390 chipset motherboard that can handle all your requirements in one product. Tested it in the Asus ROG Maximus IX Z390-A motherboard review.
Aside from that, there are two 32Gb/s M.2 x4 PCIe & SATA slots, the first of which comes with an M.2 heat sink. Intel Optane Memory can also be used in the M.2 PCIe slots, which is excellent.
It has many RGB headers and fan headers since it is an ATX-size motherboard. Also, on the front panel of this motherboard is a USB 3.1 Gen 1 port (up to 5Gbps). As its name suggests, the motherboard is built fairly tough and equipped with items such as TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs.
You can also experience 8-channel HD Gaming Audio with the Realtek S1200A audio codec.
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 Memory, up to 4400(OC) MHz
- 2x TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2, Extended Heatsink
- Intel CNVi Ready: Supports Intel CNVi Wi-Fi module, IEEE802.11 AC wave2
- Built for esports, streaming, and gaming.Operating system:Support for Windows 10 64-bit
The features on this motherboard are some of the best we have seen in a gaming motherboard. It has an excellent PCIe x16 slot for your GPU and two other PCIe x16 slots that you can use for a secondary GPU if you need to run multiple simultaneously.
It has 6 DDR4 memory slots and 2 M.2 slots, giving you enough room to run up to 4 terabytes of RAM at speeds of up to 2666 MHz! It has an RGB LED lighting system so that you can customize your color scheme.
It has a Mystic Light sync feature that lets you control all the RGB lights connected to the addressable headers, so this motherboard will be right up your alley if you like RGB lighting. It’s pretty awesome! This motherboard is for someone who wants a super-fast system but doesn’t want to pay much money.
Overall, this excellent ATX-size motherboard provides high performance and is a perfect choice for any gaming PC build.
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming Motherboard
- Designed for 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, 802.11ac Wi-Fi and ASUS Opti-MEM II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5-Way Optimization overclocks intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while Fan Xpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling
- Gamer's Guardian ensures longevity with Safe Slot, ESD Guards and DRAM Overcurrent Protection while M.2 double-decker heatsink shrouds the main M.2 slot and provides shared cooling for the M.2 and PCH
- Pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG's attention to detail and quality
- Supports HDMI 2.0 with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ / 60 Hz; Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
The ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) Mini ITX (MITX) DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 motherboard provides the best features in a small form factor. It has 4x PCI Express slots, 2x PCIe M.2 slots, and 4x SATA 6Gb/s ports to enable smooth data transfer speeds between storage devices, memory modules, graphic cards, and other peripherals.
The motherboard also offers multiple DDR4 slots to handle up to 32GB of dual-channel memory, two Gigabit Ethernet ports for LAN connection, and an array of input and output ports such as USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A, HDMI, DisplayPort, and audio jacks.
This motherboard offers users plenty of expansion options to fit their needs. If you need an affordable solution that packs a lot of performance and features. The motherboard’s overall design and build quality are excellent, but it is expensive.
ASRock Motherboard (Z390 EXTREME4)
- LGA1151 Supports 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Chipset: Intel Z390
- Memory: 4x DDR4 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 64GB
- Slots: 3x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (run single at x16 or dual at x8/x8 or triple at x8/x8/x4), 3x PCI-Express 3.0 x1 Slots (Flexible PCIe)
- Multi-Graphics: Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX, 3-Way CrossFireX, CrossFireX and NVIDIA Quad SLI, SLI Technology
It is also possible to build mini-PCs with a motherboard from a trendy brand known as ASRock.
As you can see, ASRock did not pay much attention to design, as there are no fancy decorative heat sinks designed to improve the look of the computer. As a result, this motherboard seems to emphasize performance rather than features.
The Z390 motherboard’s CPU socket supports all Intel Core CPUs from the 9th and 8th generations. It has only two DIMM slots since it is an ITX motherboard.
In addition, they support dual-channel DDR4 RAM at a speed of up to 4500MHz (OC), which is excellent and adequate for a powerful computer.
This heatsink module prevents the PCIe M.2 slot from overheating and helps to avoid throttling as a result. The I/O panel does not have any pre-installed shielding, but it has all the needed connectivity ports.
There’s also 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 support on the motherboard. At the bottom, there’s a PCIe x16 slot with steel armor protection so that you can use a powerful graphics card.
How to Choose Motherboard for i7 9700k?
There are a few things to consider when choosing a motherboard for an i7 9700k processor. Firstly, what is the intended use of the system? If it is for gaming, then look for a motherboard with support for overclocking and multiple graphics cards. Secondly, what is the budget? There is a range of motherboards available at different price points.
Thirdly, what other components will be used with the motherboard? Ensure that the chosen motherboard has the right sockets and slots for the other components. Finally, read reviews and compare specs to find the best motherboard for the i7 9700k.
Frequently asked questions
What motherboard do I need for i7 9700F?
You will need a motherboard with an LGA 1151 socket and 300-series chipset to use Intel’s 9th generation Core i7 9700F processor.
What graphics card is good for the i7 9700K?
In light of the 9700K’s inability to induce CPU bottleneck no matter which graphics card it is paired with, the best overall GPU for the 9700K is the RTX 2080 Ti.
Does 9700K fit z490?
No, it isn’t compatible. There are two different sockets.
Is i7 9700 NONK good for gaming?
PC gamers will find the i7 9700 a more reasonable choice than the pricey i9 alternatives. It offers reliable gaming performance without system bottlenecks and still uses less power than its cheaper, less core-laden brethren.
Does the i7 9700K have integrated graphics?
Besides supporting DDR4-2666 memory (if the motherboard supports it), the Core i7-9700K includes Intel’s UHD Graphics 630 integrated graphics processor.
What is the difference between 9700K and 9700F?
Boosted to 4.7GHz, the 9700F runs at 3.0GHz. For its part, the 9700K is a 3.6GHz processor that boosts up to 4.9GHz. Unlike the 9700K, the 9700F does not support overclocking, which might put off some potential buyers.
How good is the i7 9700K?
However, the Core i7 9700K is still a great gaming processor. A Coffee Lake refresh chip with eight cores and eight threads of goodness, and a max turbo clock of 4.9GHz, delivers excellent frame rates and a little more.
Is i7 9700K good for video editing?
For video editing, the Core i7 9700K is decent, but in most cases, it won’t be that much faster than the Core i7 8700K from the previous generation.
We hope you enjoyed our article about the best motherboard for i7 9700k. The motherboard is the most important part of a computer because it controls the flow of information between the other components. You can learn more about motherboards here. If you’re in the market for a new motherboard and you’re ready to purchase, we hope our guide has helped you find the best motherboard for i7 9700k.