When it comes to building the perfect PC for content creation, there are many things to consider. Will this motherboard support my CPU? What about my RAM? Does it have the necessary connections? These are all important questions to ask and will be answered in this article. The boards listed here are all compatible with the Ryzen 9 5950x, and have been hand selected as the best motherboards for Ryzen 9 5950x, RTX 3080 and RTX 3090.
10 Best motherboards for Ryzen 9 5950x
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi II AMD AM4 X570S ATX Gaming Motherboard
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for AMD Ryzen 5000 Series, 5000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 3000 Series, 3000 G-Series, 2000 Series and 2000 G-Series desktop processors; supports up to two M.2 drives and features USB 3.2 Gen 2 and AMD StoreMI to maximize connectivity and speed.Bluetooth v5.2
- Optimal Power Solution: 12+4 power stages with ProCool II power connector, alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Comprehensive Cooling: Passive chipset heatsink, VRM heatsink with 8 mm heatpipe, dual on-board M.2 heatsinks and a water pump header
- High-Performance Networking: 2.5 Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard, WiFi 6E (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO and gateway teaming via GameFirst V
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, and DisplayPort 1.2, and features dual M.2, USB 3.2 Type-A and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connectors
The ASUS motherboard has been designed to deliver top-class performance. It has been equipped with an Intel Core i9 7900X processor which is accompanied by 32GB of DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD. In addition to that, it has a large selection of ports.
This motherboard has a lot to offer with its onboard technologies, such as Thunderbolt 3, Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A ports, and more. It also includes features like Aura Sync lighting, RGB LED strips, and support for Intel’s latest gaming hardware.
This ASUS motherboard is powered by an Intel X570 chipset that combines 8th generation Intel Core CPUs and high-speed M.2 SSD storage, delivering higher overclocking headroom and improved user experience over previous generations. Plus, the ASUS X570 chipset supports up to PCIe 4.0 lanes, bringing you up to 4 x16 PCI Express expansion slots for graphics cards and SSDs to increase performance and capacity.
Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2 Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 12plus2 Phases Digital Twin Power Design with 50A DrMOS
- Advanced Thermal Design with Enlarged Surface Heatsinks
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4.0 x16 Slot
The MSI Gaming B550 AORUS Elite V2 is an enhanced version of the highly acclaimed MSI Gaming B550 motherboard. Designed to provide high performance to enthusiasts, the gaming-focused motherboard features the latest in technologies such as AMD AM4 socket, USB 3.1 Gen 2, and HDMI port support. The B550 AORUS Elite V2 also includes additional features such as M.2 support, USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 10 Gbps), Intel Gigabit LAN, Realtek ALC1200, and Creative Sound Blaster Cinema.
It is a high-end gaming motherboard that is ideal for enthusiasts and hardcore gamers. This motherboard supports the latest processors from AMD Ryzen 2000 series and features AMD X470 chipset which supports up to 8 DDR4 memory modules and provides up to 32 PCIe lanes for CPU graphics cards and other high-speed peripheral devices.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming, X570 mini-ITX Gaming motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.Wireless Data Network: Up to 2.4Gbps transfer speed
- Next-gen gaming connectivity: features PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 4, Dual M. 2, USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors.
- Fastest gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet With Asus LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, and Gateway teaming via GameFirst V.
- Optimal power solution: 8+2 power stages with a ProCool II power connector, alloy Chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors.
- Comprehensive cooling design: features an actively-cooled VRM, Chipset combo heatsink and heat pipe to absorb and rapidly dissipate heat, meanwhile paired with AIO pump header and multiple chassis-fan header.
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming is the perfect choice for gamers. With outstanding performance, overclocking support and a compact design, this motherboard will provide gamers with everything they need to push their gaming to the limit. The onboard Wi-Fi 6 lets you connect to new 5Ghz networks, making sure your internet connection stays smooth and reliable.
The PCIe 4.0 x16 slot can also be used as a standard PCIe x16 slot and supports up to two graphics cards. ASUS Aura Sync lighting shows off the unique ROG designs with eight customizable RGB zones, synchronized lighting effects, and synchronizes with other compatible ASUS Aura Sync equipped devices.
Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, S
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.Manageability: WOL by PME, PXE
- Industry-leading cooling options: comprehensive controls for fans and AIO pump, via fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory overclocking
- Next-gen connectivity: supreme flexibility With PCIe Gen 4 support, Dual M. 2 support, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 ports
- Aura Sync RGB header: synchronize RGB header with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including next-gen addressable RGB strips
The Prime X570-P motherboard is designed for high-end gaming. A true performance board, it’s been tested and proven over many hours, and even the most experienced gamer will appreciate the extra attention to detail it offers. We know you want maximum speed, so we’ve added overclocking, a feature rarely found on motherboards. And with the X570 chipset, you can add as many as four graphics cards, and the latest Intel X299 chipset, this is your chance to go all out and enjoy the full performance of a dedicated desktop PC.
It also features FreeSync for smooth gaming at various refresh rates, AMD FreeSync technology for low lag gameplay, and support for HDR10, Dolby Vision, and Wide Color Gamut for better picture quality. ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS monitors are equipped with powerful NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultimate technologies, including Low Blue Light Filter and Game Plus.
ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula ATX Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Comprehensive thermal design: integrated cross Chill EK III, active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink, and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 5G and Gigabit Ethernet courtesy of aquatic and Intel, both with Asus Languid protection and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- Diy friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus safe Slot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
With 8 memory slots, the ASUS ROG X570-E Gaming motherboard lets you upgrade your system to a maximum of 64GB DDR4 RAM modules at once. You can also pair the board with up to three NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series graphics cards. The ASUS ROG X570-E Gaming motherboard has been designed to be a perfect companion for extreme gamers who demand top performance and stability.
The ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula is a high-performance gaming motherboard that allows you to take full advantage of the latest Intel X-Series LGA 1151 CPU socket and DDR4 memory technologies. This motherboard includes an array of connectivity solutions including six total PCIe Gen4 x16 lanes, four PCI Express 3.0 lanes, two PCI Express 2.0 lanes, dual Intel Gigabit LAN ports, and six SATA 6 Gbps ports. ASUS Aura Sync lighting can help you set your mood with over 15 million customizable colors.
Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite (AMD Ryzen Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5950X and RTX 3080
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors.Operating SysteM Support for Windows 11 64-bit. Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- Dual channel ECC/ non ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- True 12 phases digital VRM
- Extended VRM Heatsink
- Dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 & thermal guard
The new AORUS gaming motherboard has all the features a gamer needs, such as 8x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, HD audio, Gigabit Ethernet, and a dedicated M.2 slot for adding the most modern SSDs. If you are looking for an ultra-powerful gaming PC.
The motherboard is powered by the latest AMD X570 chipset, which offers improved performance than the previous generation X470 chipset and supports Intel’s upcoming 9th gen Skylake processors. With its large, robust heatsink design, the AORUS can dissipate heat in all directions, effectively preventing overheating. Even though the CPU is not included in the product listing, we are confident that we can install it without any problems.
It is a motherboard designed for gamers looking for the best 5950x motherboard for x570 performance without compromising speed.
ASRock X570 Pro 4 AM4/4DDR4/HDMI/DP/ATX Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5950X and RTX 3090
- Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen. 2000 and 3000 Series processors
- 10 Power Phase Design; Supports DDR4 4066+ (OC); 2 Pie 4. 0 x16, 2 Pie 4. 0 x1, 1 M. 2(Key E) For WIFI
- AMD Quad Crossfire. and Crossfire. Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DisplayPort
- 7. 1 CH HD Audio (Relate ALC1200 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps
- 8 SATA3, 1 Hyper M. 2 (Pie Gen4 x4 & SATA3), 1 Hyper M. 2 (Pie Gen4 x4).2 USB 3. 2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C), 8 USB 3. 2 Gen1 (2 Front, 6 Rear).Intel Gigabit LAN, AS Rock Polychrome SYNC
ASRock has earned quite a reputation with some of the highest quality motherboards that you can buy. The Z170 chipset was a massive success for ASRock, with its incredible overclocking capabilities and reliability. So it makes sense that the new X570 chipset will be just as impressive.
The X570 is a significant upgrade over the older Z270 chipset, offering much higher clock speeds (up to 5.0GHz). It also has an all-new PCIe interface that allows for more lanes and larger cards. The chipset itself is smaller than the Z270, which means it should fit into tighter spaces. This means less room for heat and noise, which is always good.
Overall, the board is well thought out, and the included parts are well worth the cost. I’m looking forward to the time when I can get my hands on it.
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryze/Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics desktop processors for AM4 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4600+(OC) MHz
- Aluminum cover with extended heatsink: All-Metal extended heatsink cover enlarge the surface of heat dissipation, ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4. 0, Triple Lightning Gen4 x4 M. 2 with M. 2 Shield frozr, storemi, AMD Turbo USB 3. 2 Gen2
- 2. 5G gaming LAN with latest Wi-Fi 6 solution: onboard 2. 5G LAN with gaming LAN Manager, combining latest Wi-Fi 6 solution which supports MU-MIMO and bss color Technology, delivering the best online gaming experience
MSI is known for its high-quality gaming motherboards. They have created this motherboard for AMD AM4 processors, DDR4 RAM, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6GB/s, M.2 SSD support, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5, and an optional 802.11ax wireless module. The motherboard also has eight DDR4 memory slots and eight PCI Express slots.
This motherboard has one x16 PCI-E slot on the back side, one PCI-E place with two GPUs, two x8 PCI-E slots with two graphics cards, and one PCI-E slot with a CPU cooler. This motherboard has a perfect cooling system.
MSI’s Meg X570 Unify Motherboard is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a motherboard that will deliver outstanding performance across the board and look stealthy at the same time. As a result, you’re not going to end up with anything that is not good enough since it delivers excellent performance from start to finish.
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- Ultra-fast networking support with both on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) and bundled 10G Super LAN card
- Onboard triple Lightning Gen 4 M. 2 slots and bundled M. 2 XPANDER-Z Gen 4 accessory card with two additional M. 2 slots
- Mystic Light Infinity II brings together colorful lighting and an infinity mirror for deceptively endless light effects – customize with 16. 8 million colors and 29 effects through the Mystic Light APP
- Xtreme Audio DAC with dual audio processors, ESS DAC, 6. 3mm headphone out, and Nahimic enhancement software
This motherboard is designed for people who need the best performance with the most advanced features for their new build. This is why it has the AMD Ryzen 3000 series chipset with support for the latest DDR4 2666MHz memory modules and an Intel X570 chipset for ultra-fast PCIe 4.0 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 connections.
It also includes an AMD-designed triple M.2 slot and the latest generation of Wi-Fi technology. Thanks to its high-end graphics capabilities and support for the latest video cards, you can also use it as a high-performance gaming platform. And if you’re looking for extra storage, you can add an M.2 NVMe SSD or two 2.5in HDD bays.
In my opinion, the MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE is the motherboard to buy if money isn’t an issue. MSI’s dedication to manufacturing quality motherboards is evident because this board rivals that of very few others.
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM and chipset heatsink, multiple hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI Q-Fan Control utility
- High-performance Gaming Networking: 2. 5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2. 1 (4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1. 2 output, featuring dual M. 2 slots (NVMe SSD)—one with PCIe 4. 0 x4 connectivity, front panel USB 3. 2 Gen 1 connector, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-C & Type-A ports and Thunderbolt 3 header, 1 x SPI TPM header.Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Cancelling Mic Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology..Gaming Look and Feel: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and a Gen 2 addressable RGB header for greater customization.Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support" tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
ASUS has built a solid gaming platform with the ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard. It has all the modern connectivity, features, and performance required by the current PC gamer.
The ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Motherboard supports the latest CPUs like Intel 7th gen Core processors and 8th Gen processors Ryzen processors, which is a good feature for the price.
The ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard comes equipped with four PCI-e 4.0 slots that allow for up to 256GB of dedicated RAM and two M.2 slots (one U.2 and one SATA) that support both SATA3 and PCIe NVMe SSDs.
This motherboard offers an excellent feature for gamers – the ability to update the BIOS using a USB flash drive. The ability to flash back your motherboard to a previous version will save you a lot of hassle.
How to Choose motherboards for Ryzen 9 5950x
There are a few things to consider when choosing a motherboard for the Ryzen 9 5950x processor. First, consider what type of motherboard you need. ATX motherboards are the most common, but there are also microATX and miniATX motherboards available.
Second, consider what features you need. USB 3.0 ports, SATA III ports, and M.2 slots are all important to consider. Third, consider the price. Motherboards can range in price from around $100 to over $500. Choose the motherboard that fits your budget and needs.
Frequently asked questions
What motherboard should I get for AMD Ryzen 9 5900X?
If you want to get the most out of your Ryzen 5900X, you should use an X570 motherboard. ASUS ROG Strix X570-E has a great AMD chipset and has excellent components and features.
What motherboard is best for Ryzen 9?
The Ryzen 9 3900X is now equipped with the X570 chipset, which replaces the last-gen X470. Additionally, X570 motherboards come with PCIe 4.0 and Wi-Fi 6 support.
What do I need to run a Ryzen 9 5950X?
AMD’s Zen 3-based Ryzen 9 5950X processor requires an AM4-compatible motherboard and chipset.
1. AMD provides chipsets for motherboards that are used with AMD processors. …
2. All Ryzen 5000-series chipsets, including the Ryzen 9 5950X, are compatible with Ryzen 400 and Ryzen 500-series CPUs.
Is Ryzen 9 5900X good for gaming?
Among the best CPUs for high-end gaming, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is among the best. You can’t go wrong with AMD’s Ryzen 9 5900X if you’re shopping for a gaming processor.
Is the 5900X better than the 5950X?
The 5950X offers some advantages over the 5900X. Multiple threads and cores can lead to much better-multithreaded performance. However, if you want to play games, the 5900X will suffice since it performs similarly to the 5950X but at a lower price.
Is Ryzen 9 5900X future-proof?
It is much more future-proof than Ryzen 9 5900X. There are 50% more cores, and you can run different apps on those cores simultaneously before a peak of 100% CPU utilization occurs.
Is Ryzen 9 5900X better than i9?
Even after overclocking, the Core i9-11900K is not more competitive than the Ryzen 9 5900X at 1080p in both stock and overclocked configurations, giving AMD the upper hand.
We hope you enjoyed our article on the best motherboards for the Ryzen 9 5950x. We know that it’s an important topic for those of you who are looking for a good motherboard for a new CPU and we are happy to have been able to provide you with a list of our top picks. So what are you waiting for? Head on over to our list of the best motherboards for the Ryzen 9 5950x today.